This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use the Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service is the website www.insuredfirst.com operated by Insured First
- Personal Data means data about an individual which can be used to personally identify that person.
- Usage Data is data collected automatically by the Service.
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person or entity who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data.
- Data Subject is any individual using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may collect certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
Use of Data
Insured First Insurance uses the collected data for various purposes:
- We use sensitive billing information (such as cardholder name, credit card number, and expiration date) for the purpose of completing the purchase of insurance you conduct with our Service.
- To provide you with the products and services you request.
- To provide you with an accurate quotation.
- To manage your account, including processing bills.
- To communicate with you in general.
- To respond to your questions and comments.
- To measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website.
- To notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you.
- To otherwise customize your experience with this website,to solicit information from you, including through surveys.
- To resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems.
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- To apply our Terms and Conditions, and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Insured First Insurance aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. If you would like to have the information we have on you updated or deleted please contact us.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Insured First Insurance relied on your consent to process your personal information.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
We may provide paid products and services within the Service. In that case, we may store payment information and use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service is not directed to children. We do not sell products or services for purchase by children.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16 unless consent is given by a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.